5 LESSONS YOU CAN LEARN FROM MY PAST

In June 2016, I was in an interview with Temi Badmus. The interview was originally posted on her website www.gimmehear.com with the heading: MEET ONE OF THE YOUNGEST CEO IN KWARA STATE  But, looking back to that day from now, I observed a few things and I'd love you to learn from them.
Enjoy! 
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
He is young and sure making things happen for people of the world, putting smile on the face of the hurt, Helping fulfill the dream of the helpless. He is the founder of an NGO, called All That Matters (ATM)
      (Photo: 2016)
Below is an interactive discussion with him.

Gimmehear:
Good morning,Thanks for granting this interview. Can we know you better sir?

Tobatalks:
I’m Adefila ‘Toba Israel
Also referred to as Tobadance and Tobatalks, I hail from Esie town (home of stone images) in Irepodun LGA of Kwara state.

Gimmehear:
Mr Toba, Whats your greatest passion for living? Things you want to do before you leave this world?

Tobatalks:
I’m passionate about motivating, educating, encouraging and entertaining people. Through my public speaking, writing, dance and lifestyle. An acronym I give to that is, MEDUTAIN.
So, I simply say I’m a MEDUTAINER.

Gimmehear:
So how far have you gone with this passion?

Tobatalks:
There’s still a long way to go. So much to do. In order to achieve this, an organization has been put in place, with people of like minds and vision.
We organize seminars and workshops to further achieve the objectives.

Gimmehear:
Can you give us an example of what has been done so far? Where and when?

Tobatalks:
Public speaking in secondary schools, coaching centres and higher institutions.
Organization of an Orphanage support project, Networking and mentoring schemes for upcoming artistes, writers, dancers and public speakers.

Gimmehear:
Woo! Have you had any challenges so far?

Tobatalks:
Of course!

Gimmehear:
Would you like to share with us what they were and how you handled them?

Tobatalks:
We’ve had challenges gaining entry and acceptance in some places. Sometimes some schools don’t give approval so we have strategize and plan better. Sometimes people promise to fund,donate or support our programs but at the end,they don’t.

Gimmehear:
So how do you intend to handle that?

Tobatalks:
Well… We won’t depend totally on men for resources. 

Gimmehear:
Is there still space for people who are interested in what you do? And how will they get in touch with you?

Tobatalks:
There’s room for anyone. They can reach me through my phone 08164919722 or on FB- Adefila Toba Israel.

Gimmehear:
Thank you very much for granting this interview.

Tobtalks:
My pleasure.

A big shout to Toba and his group mate, we pray God in his infinite Mercy continue to bless and increase you... All the way from gimmehear.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Here are 5 lessons I want you to learn from this interview. 

1. I had a vision, and it is still the same vision I carry today. As an undergraduate, I already knew what I wanted to do even though I was studying Agricultural Engineering. Its really important to know where one is going and follow that course through. 

2. The more you grow, the better your understanding. As at the time of this interview, the name of my organization was- All That Matters, but after few years, it eventually became, All That Matters- Initiative. And as at now, activities are on hold because I realize better results are offshoots of better planning. 

3. Every vision is for an appointed time. When I started out with my team back then, I was very passionate about doing good, meeting needs and all and it was good. But as time went by, I got to understand that every vision has its 'best' time for execution. I realized I needed to take a pause first and concentrate on something else. 

4. Preparation is key! This is to buttress point 3 above. I didn't have the adequate experience and understanding required to run the organization so, I had to leave it aside and till today, the vision is still intact but with a different name. 

5. Be grateful. Looking back I realize that I need to be grateful for where I am now on my way to where I am going. As a young person, I carried out some activities, birthed some dreams and achieved some feats. This is an inspiration for me. Tomorrow holds greater things in store. 

I'm sure you also have a dream, a vision, a passion. Something you can die for. Don't wait till you clock 30 before you start out. Its okay to make some mistakes, you will learn from them and become a better person. 
     (Photo: 2020)

Chase your dreams, follow your passion and protect your vision. Where you are now is a raw material for where you are going. Never under value yourself nor see what you do today as insignificant. It will play a part in determining who you become tomorrow. Trust the process, you will get there.

Thank you! 
Please drop a feedback. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POSITIVITY

RECUPERATE YOUR SELF-WORTH

KEEP MOVING! 5 Things to do when you're losing motivation.